| Morningstar |
| Sunday, December 30, 2007 |
|
You know you are a sad person when you feel happy in the deletion of a game. You know that you've had too much of something when it takes you in it's grasp and just holds you without a chance of you breaking free. You know that you are a fucking piece of shit when you feel VALIDATED through being good at a fucking stupid game. Yes guys. I am talking about that pox upon mankind. I am talking about DoTA and how it ruined my life. When I had my laptop in the first year of poly, the first thing I installed into it was warcraft 3. with it came the mod Dota. After my first game, it all went downhill from that faithful day. I played everyday during lessons, I played every night before i slept. I got good at it. The rush of being able to kill someone in game multiplies when you can see the person you kill physically flinch from the table opposite you. It excited me. I've never been this good at something before. I was hooked. And slowly time crawled along. My studies suffered. I broke up with Carmen. My inner circle of friends grew smaller and smaller, while the superficial people whom I befriended in game grew bigger. I felt it when I first took a break from dota. I was in ASLC and I had to talk to people alot. I was unable to talk to normal people well. I lacked the necessary social skills to trigger conversations, to be the life of the party that I used to be. Me being the type of person who judges myself based on the types of friends I have, did not have to look very far to find a husk of a person, devoid of a personality that mattered. I just had to look into the mirror, but thank god it was just ASLC. Something in me died that day. I raged inside. I knew that I wanted no more part in this cheat-infested, flea-ridden curse of a game. So I started my cold turkey. And it has taken me all this while to finally draw upon my senses to delete Warcraft 3 permanently. The Catharsis is almost complete. And this writer has never felt that he has done a better decision through his entire life. PS: Thank you, for those people who supported me to quit. You know who you are. Thank you. POSTED AT 1:46 AM |
| template by elementopia© - formatted by kaze™ 2005 |